Are you suffering from chronic joint pain? Is your ailing knee making your life miserable? If your answer is a yes, then it is high time that you get yourself evaluated by your doctor. If you see yourself fitting one or more of these five indicative signs, then it’s probably time you should seriously think about a knee joint replacement.
Here are five signs that indicate it is time for you to get your knee joint replaced:
- Feeling depressed with the way of life: Ageing is very frustrating especially with all the pains and aches. The most likely reasons are weak joints and loss of mobility. If you are depressed because of the pain and immobility, then get counseling and treatment. If you feel joint replacement can be the best option for you, then go ahead with it.you will be surprised to see what difference a joint replacement procedure can make in your life.
- Constant pain: Aches and pains in old age are common. But, this does not mean that you always have to suffer from continuous pain. Moreover, if the medicines available over the counter do not provide any relief and you are awake lying on the bed at night, then it could be a major problem. In such circumstances, it can be something bigger than age-related degenerative diseases. If you have pain at rest or while doing a minimal activity, then it is time to opt the joint replacement option to get rid of all these aches.
- Mobility is restricted: Are you inside the house most of the time instead of being active outside? As you age, it becomes difficult to climb stairs, do squats, or even walk around without support. Limited or restriction of mobility has a significant impact on your quality of life. Usually, the tests at this stage show gross damage to the joint or advanced stage of arthritis. In such cases, a prudent way to get rid of pain and be active and mobile is through a joint replacement procedure. Keep yourself healthy, active and independent with this prudent solution.
- Chronic disease and prolonged medications: If you are suffering from chronic joint pain or diseases like osteoarthritis that is not responding to non-surgical management then joint replacement is to the only rescue. Prolonged intake of painkillers can be detrimental to your health. The side effects can be severe. Your overall health can show a downward trend physically, mentally and emotionally. In this case get rid of your disease and the necessity of popping in those painkillers by getting your joints replaced.
- You wish to get back to normal: As you retire you dream of traveling around the world and spending quality time with your family. Joint pain and restriction in mobility can affect you and your life. If you wish to get back to normal and spend retired life with unexplored adventures and heartfelt travel, then go in for a joint replacement procedure. The new joint will build up your spirits and will help you achieve all that you crave for.
Find the best trustworthy orthopedic surgeon and get your joints replaced. Joint replacement is a good choice to give your life a second chance and beautiful second innings.